Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Age Of Mythology > Idle TC and quick classical vs Extra villies

Idle TC and quick classical vs Extra villies

bring_LaNOIZ

Escrito 23 de marzo de 2024 - 03:44
Hey guys,

I've been playing mostly on Steam and am about 1700 on EE. I started playing on Voobly recently and (as expected) have been getting it handed to me.

I watch a lot of boit BO and main Greek. I think the biggest problem I'm having is advancing to classical a little too late (~445_455) with an extra villy as opposed to accepting the idle TC time to get a slightly quicker advance. I realize there's a lot of variables to determine this, but I'm basically asking if it's worth a little idle time to advance vs increasing villy. For reference, I'm usually at 18 pop and~300 food at 3:20 and click another villy.

Thanks everyone
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Escrito 25 de marzo de 2024 - 21:24
I'm not a Greek player, but I can offer you some general thoughts. It is very dependent on your strategy and your match-up.

If you're going for an aggressive strategy, you may want to advance as quick as you can, even at the cost of some idle time, because timing is a big key to the success of aggressive strategies. If you were planning to go for a FM or 3 TC boom strategy, then having the extra economy with an extra villager may be better.

Say you are facing a Loki that is probably going to raid you as soon as he can. Then a bit of idle time may be worth it in order to advance quicker. This way you can have your defenses up in time or prepare a counter-raid so his attention will be diverted from your villagers.

On the other hand, say you are facing a Ra that is likely going for a 2 TC fast heroic. In this case having the extra villager may be worth it. Better yet, maybe go for an even slower advance for the extra economy. The Ra is not really going to harass you much anyways early on.

I hope this helps and good luck. ;good
 bring_LaNOIZ

Escrito 27 de marzo de 2024 - 16:25
This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you very much for the reply.
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Escrito 29 de marzo de 2024 - 21:07
You're welcome. :)

[1]
Mostrando 1 - 4 de 4 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
2 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
0 miembros, 2 invitados

What's popular right now: